Monday, May 9, 2011

Harley-Davidson Celebrates Women Riders Month

Harley-Davidson is recognizing its 3rd Annual Women Riders Month this May, and to celebrate HD announced they will be hosting a series of events at dealerships all over the world, including a commemorative ride on May 14.  Local dealerships will also feature women-only parties throughout the riding season.     
“Women riders represent one of the fastest growing demographics in the sport of motorcycling.  In fact, the Motorcycle Industry Council reports women now account for 23 percent of all U.S. motorcyclists and Harley-Davidson is the number one motorcycle choice among women riders,” Harley-Davidson said in a recent press release. 
Supermodel Marissa Miller is helping the motor company to celebrate Women Riders Month and to help draw in more female riders.  
"Every time I start my motorcycle, my heart starts pumping faster," said Miller.  "Learning to ride has changed my life.  The challenge of riding has made me stronger and given me a new outlet for my adventurous side.  I've met dozens of women riders who share my passion for the open road and I'm honored to help inspire even more women to get started on their riding journeys."

Women can find resources specifically designed for them, from stories to customizing their rides, at Harley’s website; www.h-d.com/women.  You can even find a schedule of upcoming women’s only Garage Parties in your area.  So if any of you women out there have been on the fence about getting on two wheels, this is your month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment